2.03.2009

#41) Cranberry & White Chocolate Chippers



So this past Sunday was an interesting day for me...

Since moving back to Labrador again for the winter I decided I was going to make a good effort to enjoy some of the outdoor life the Big Land has to offer. This "good effort" led to my first foray into cross-country skiing ever!!! What a wonderful day the fiance and I had. It was SO fun, even when I was lying on my butt in the middle of the trail LOL!

The local ski club, which offers amazing trails with beautiful views, is volunteer run, so to pitch in I decided it would be a good idea to bring some cookies by for all the skiers to snack on... and a little birdie told me they were very good :)

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries

Steps

-Preheat oven to 350°F. I used a silicone baking sheet, but if you don't have one, grease your pan.

-Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.

-Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture in several additions. The dough will be slightly crumbly.

-Stir in chips and cranberries.

-Drop onto pan by tablespoonfuls and bake for 20 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

7 comments:

  1. My family adore these cookies of cranberry & white choc chips!! They seem to vanish in no time lol

    Your cookies look gorgeous Dani - bravo

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, my hubby's favourite cookies are cranberry and white chocolate!! He is always asking me to bake them. Your cookies look really yummy!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum!! they look great, and sound even better!!

    I have to say.. your picture taking has gotten a TON better! are you photoshopping or enhancing the background colors? really... you're inspiring me!

    great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rosie :)

    Maria they are quickly becoming one of my faves too!

    Thank you so much Carrie... but I can't take all the credit. Since my finace got his rebel in the fall he has taken most of my pics... I just pick the colors LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love anything cranberry! This sounds like an awesome recipe.

    PS your entry for Iron Cupcake is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sommmmmmebody hasn't updated in a while... *ahem* you!

    :P

    ReplyDelete