3.07.2009

#46) Banana Bites & Cinnamoney



I made these mini cupcakes a few days ago in a bit of a rush. I was attending a get-together and had procrastinated on making something to bring along. Then I found a bag of frozen ripe banana in the freezer and these wonderfully coloured mini liners in the cupboard - it was like fate! Okay, maybe not fate, but a very strong suggestion.

They were quite a hit and I would definitely use this recipe again, but next time I might dress it up with some chocolate chips or raisins!

Banana Cupcakes

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

Steps

-Preheat oven to 350°F.
-Sift together dry ingredients. Make a well in middle.
-Add wet ingredients and hand mix just until blended.
-Divide amongst liners and bake until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cinnamoney Frosting

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon

Steps

-Add all ingredients to one bowl and mix until smooth and of spreading/piping consistency.
-Dress up cooled cupcakes :)

10 comments:

  1. These are so sweet! I'm loving the layout of your blog; I thought you were on my feeds, girl! I'm gonna have to add you-looks like I've been missing out on a lot of yummy treats :). Hope you're doing well, Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see u around again sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, your banana-cinnamon cupcakes are just calling out to me to try one!! I just adore this combo of flavours and I know these little beauties are scrumptious :D

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm yum! Banana's are my best friend! I always keep frozen ripe ones on hand for special treats! That icing sounds really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cinnamoney! such a clever name, i've never herad of it before. your cupcakes are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made some banana cupcakes recently and everyone loved them...these look so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Banana cupcakes are good. I really like the frosting on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made these, without the frosting because I wanted chocolate frosting, and they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for letting me know jillers! so glad u like them :)

    ReplyDelete