3.23.2009

#50) Cocoa Nana Cookies


Wow! My 50th post :) Seems like I should have tried out a more intricate recipe for this blogging landmark, but cookies it is!

At school we are taking our homeroom skiing on Thursday. They are very excited and asked for me to bring in something sweet. One student in particular asked for my Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. I said yes, but once I got to making them I decided they needed something new, their own identity.... And now we have a chocolaty banana cookie filled with chocolate chips...

They are much better than the originals in my opinion, but you be the judge :)

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda (next time I will lessen this to about 1/2 tsp)
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar (remove or crush any large chunks)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup mashed bananas
2 cups chocolate chips

Steps

-Spray cookie sheet (or line with rubber mat) and preheat oven to 350°F.
-Beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, and vanilla. Set aside.
-Stir together dry ingredients. In three additions, stir the dry mixture into the banana mixture.
-Stir in chocolate chips.
-Drop by tablespoonful onto pan.
-Bake for 7-10 minutes.

*Makes about 60 cookies!

4 comments:

  1. I surely vote for the chocoalte variation. these look just the right treat I crave now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful. Chocolate and banana are a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. snooky - i'm with u!
    eliana - thanks. it is one of my fave chocolate combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm I love chocolate and banana together! I just made chocolate ice cream with bananas in it! :D It will be on my blog soon, but when I took the ice cream out to soften so I could get a picture, I forgot about it and left it out for almost 2 hours! Oops!

    ReplyDelete