12.01.2008

#23) Chocolate Crinkles


I realize there are a lot of chocolate crinkle posts out there lately thanks to Anita Chu's new book, Field Guide to Cookies. Her recipe sounds great, with lots of yummy chocolate. Mine is a recipe I came across a couple of years ago and has been a favorite ever since. Although I use cocoa instead of real chocolate, and oil instead of butter, they are still rich and chewy, and very, very sinful.....


Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
3 tbsp butter ("light" margarine such as Becel will not work well here)
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
icing sugar

Steps:

- Add cocoa and butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat until butter is melted. Stir to combine.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar, cocoa mixture, oil, baking powder, and vanilla together.
- Beat in as much flour as possible, then stir in the remaining amount.
- Cover and chill dough for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. (I spray my hands periodically with flavorless Pam to avoid becoming a sticky mess.)
- Roll balls in icing sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet. (I used my silicone sheet and it was perfect)
- Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies have a crackled appearance.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.

6 comments:

  1. Love~love~love these cookies dani :D

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those almost look like a perfect halloween cookie with the white and black. An orange plate would set it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosie!

    I never thought of that anydivya... I will have to keep that in mind for next year LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a sucker for a crinkle topped chocolate cookie. These look just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cookies and I'll be baking some soon!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete