4.07.2009

#52) Carrot Muffins & CC Frosting


This recipe was actually one of the first I posted here on Sweet Treats. Since the first time I used this recipe I have never used another... I have played with this one to get it right where I want it and doubt I will ever stray from it. It is rich, heavy enough, and packed with carrot, raisins, and pineapple. This time I decided to add some cream cheese frosting (well, I was more coerced to add cream cheese frosting bc fiance had a craving LOL). But I have to say I am more than happy with the outcome. Not a drop of oil or ounce of butter in the muffins means you can indulge in the creamy frosting, right?

Carrot Muffin
Ingredients

1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup raisins
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp applesauce
2 large eggs
3 cups grated carrot
1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice and add by tsp if batter is too dry) *I added 2 this time, but it varies

Steps

-Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
-Add the pineapple, carrot, eggs, and applesauce to another bowl. Mix until combined.
-Add dry ingredients in thirds, mixing until incorporated after each addition.
-Pour into muffin cups and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

**I made 1 dozen regular muffins and 3 jumbos :)

Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients

1 pk light cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup icing sugar

Steps

-Beat together cream cheese and butter.
-Add icing sugar gradually.
-Beat to a thick consistency.
-Spread on cupcakes and lick the bowl :)

5 comments:

  1. Carrot cake with CC frosting is my ultimate fave! These muffins look so moist and delish.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No oil or butter - I will have to try this. I will be submitting a post on my blog for carrot cake tonight and it's my favorite cake EVER. I will experiment with substitions to see if I can come up woth a healthier alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh Dani now this is what I call pure temptation!! Wonderful looking muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh carrot !!! my angora rabbit loves carrot. Can I make this and give some to rabbit ?

    ReplyDelete