4.28.2009

#58) Chewy Ginger Cookies


So the in-laws came to town yesterday :) I can't remember the last time I seen my fiance so excited - he gets to see his parents, and his brother and nephew :) In order to make him even happier I gave in to his constant beggings for "real" cookies - with butter and eggs LOL

I am confident these little treats were a good choice because between him and his dad the whole batch is pretty much gone! When they came out of the oven the outside had a great crunch to it while the inside was warm and chewy... As they cooled the outside lost the crunch and they are now a truly chewy cookie.

Ingredients

1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Steps

-Beat butter for 30 seconds.
-Add brown sugar, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon. Beat.
-Beat in egg and molasses.
-Beat in flour.
-Chill dough for 1 hour.
-Roll into tablespoon balls and roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
-Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes, until tops are cracked.

7 comments:

  1. Mmm oh goodness! What a fabulous photo, and these are MY KINDA cookies! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I want to try these. These look so good and i love molasses cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, these are my favorite type of cookies - I have a great dairy free recipe if you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. april - "great" is a good workd for them :)

    cupcake - u should try them, they are addicitive!

    snooky - try them, they are easy!!!

    mermaid - great! i will stop by your page and look it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great - I love any kind of ginger sweet :)

    ReplyDelete